Sorry for the slight delay in posting my last gift guides everybody! Here is my edit of some of the most stylish accessories out there, for those fashionable girls in your life. Of course, if you're anything like me, you might find it hard not to treat yourself at the same time! I hope you enjoy the selection.
- I have been longing to tell you about the beautiful bags made by a lovely friend, Rachel Galbraith, under her label Bronte Bags. Combining luxurious vintage linen and leather local to Sussex, Rachel hand-makes every one; the detail and finished product are stunning. Here is one of my favourite Bronte Bag 'Shoppers', available at Rockett St George.
|Silver Leather Handbag Shopper by Bronte Bags at Rockett St George, £145. |
- Darkroom on Lamb's Conduit Street is an extraordinary haven of unique, one-off accessories, for men, women (or both) and the home. It was also one of our picks for the Vogue Secret Address Book. If you haven't already discovered Darkroom's jewellery, now is the time. Many of them statement pieces - or even objects of art - they would make a standout Christmas present.
|Ebony and Sycamore clip on earrings by Darkroom, £35. Darkroomlondon.com|
- ASH footwear has recently become a fond personal favourite, mostly in the form of the popular ASH trainers. Casual enough to feel relaxed in, but 'distressed' in a somewhat smart way, they exude cool and could be paired with either jeans or a dress/skirt, particularly if you opt for the heeled wedge trainers.
|Chestnut Virgin High-Top Trainers by ASH at My Wardrobe, £119. My-wardrobe.com|
- THE OUTNET is always a trusty site for designer bargains and when there's an OUTNET clearance sale (as from today, Friday 9 December - Monday 12 December), things that were never within our grasp, suddenly become so. I strongly recommend you scour the site (clearance and non) before all the glamorous goodies have gone. Accessories are a great place to start.
|Mushila brass and cord bracelet by MADE at THE OUTNET, £23. |
- ASOS is a one-stop shop for lots of items, but most shoppers (or gift buyers) probably don't remember that the online giant holds a massive collection of belts. At a pinch of the price that belts can go for these days, ASOS' belts would make a fashionable and thoughtful stocking filler. Now all you have to decide: what shape, material, colour and brand would you/your gift recipient like? How about ASOS' own label?
|Pastel Skinny Belt by ASOS, £6. Asos.com|
- My final choice is equal to those accessories above, because you will want to carry it around with you (although, being in hardback, that could be difficult). Carine Roitfeld, former editor of Vogue Paris, made her lasting mark on the fashion world with her indisputably chic and fearless style, represented both by her own coveted wardrobe and those of her renowned shoots. Carine Roitfeld: Irreverent is an audacious look at the woman herself and her inspiring career. Magazine addicts will love the many covers and tear sheets from Vogue et al.
|From Carine Roitfeld: Irreverent at Amazon, £42. Amazon.co.uk |
My final Christmas gift guide, for all lovers of food and drink, will be posted soon!