You can't go wrong with beauty gifts for us girls at Christmas. Whether it's a spot of pampering, or the tools for an entire makeover, there's something about the promise of a glamorous festive period/New Year that's indulgently irresistible. But, faced with an ever-burgeoning beauty market, promising younger, softer and more 'natural' skin, it's difficult to know what should make the cut. Read on for my selection of special, different and long-lasting beauty products, perfect for Christmas.
- While working on Vogue's Secret Address Book, I fell in love with the exquisite bath products from Farmacia Santa Maria Novella. The two London shops (1 Piccadilly Arcade and 115 Walton Street) are tiny outposts of the famous 600-year-old Florentine pharmacy and you can sense the grand history as you walk through the door. Hand-written and hand-wrapped pomegranate bath salts, perfumes and Acqua di Colonia are a must-try, for men and women.
|Acqua di Colonia by Farmacia Santa Maria Novella. Santamarianovella.com/br|
- Since I received Eve Lom gifts last Christmas, I have been a huge fan; I cannot recommend the Eve Lom Cleanser enough. A seemingly solid, crystallised cleanser, it melts onto the skin, exfoliating and cleansing along the way. The blend of four aromatherapy oils will refresh and delight. Team with Eve Lom's famous muslin cloths (1 included), and you'll feel spa-fresh every single morning. I promise!
|Eve Lom Cleanser, £30 for 50 ml. Evelom.com|
- You may not be familiar with Glossybox, but it is causing a stir in the beauty world. A mail order subscription service which you can buy for the beauty lover in your life, Glossybox will send an elegantly packaged box every month, containing 5 luxury beauty miniatures. The box also contains product information, application notes and beauty tips and tricks. The perfect chance to enjoy high-end brands and a monthly treat. There is also now a Glossybox for Men.
|Glossybox subscription service, £10/month. Glossybox.co.uk|
- I was recently introduced to mineral make-up brand BellaPierre at Good Results' PR day, and have been keen to try it for myself ever since. Tuning into the trend for quality, pure skincare, BellaPierre has only been available in the UK since 2010, after the brand was developed in LA. From the gentle, super-soft foundation primer to the popular, blend-able shimmer powders, all products contain 100% pure MICA powder and no other ingredients or additives.
|Foundation primer by BellaPierre, £45. Bellapierre.co.uk|
- Body moisturisers make an unbeatable beauty gift and one of my top favourites is from trusty L'OCCITANE. Their products always take me back to Provence and the aromas, textures and quality can't be disputed. One item I always ensure is in my bathroom cabinet, is L'OCCITANE's Verbena body lotion. Its zesty lemony-ness lingers on your skin, without overpowering your perfume. Simply delicious.
|Verbena body lotion by L'OCCITANE, £18. Loccitane.com|