Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Daniel Galvin Hair Salon, Corinthia Hotel London

Corinthia Hotel London, Lobby Lounge

While working for British Vogue (on Vogue's Secret Address Book), I discovered many fabulous places in London, uniquely special in their own right and well worth a visit. Narrowing down was no easy feat. But, when we were considering the forerunners for our 'Hair' category, it was clear that the Daniel Galvin salon at Corinthia Hotel London, should be featured. Although I wasn't able to visit personally at the time, I have been desperate to see it for myself ever since. So, it was with much excitement that I entered the opulent, marble-encrusted Corinthia Hotel London on Saturday. A tour of the Corinthia Hotel to start, I gazed longingly at this stylish destination (and smart breakfast laid out for guests). Interiors are stunning from every angle, as natural light floods through the open, reflective and high-ceilinged spaces. Venturing downstairs to the spa, my expectations were high. Needless to say, they were very much met.

Daniel Galvin Salon, Corinthia Hotel London

The Daniel Galvin salon at Corinthia Hotel London, is the first Daniel Galvin salon in London since the opening of the Mayfair flagship. Two years in the making, it bears all the hallmarks of the renowned Daniel Galvin experience: technical expertise, excellent service (and loyal devotees), and a serene, luxurious sanctuary. The Daniel Galvin brand couldn't be more at home in the Corinthia Hotel London. With just nine hairdressing stations - all very slick with equal lashings of marble - exclusivity and privacy are key, without compromising on the 'friendly feel'. Although, if you do want total anonymity, 'The Ultimate Make-Over Room' offers a secret salon, just for you, whether you are preparing for a special date, or movie premiere. Designed by Oscar winning make-up artist Lois Burwell, this intimate space is beloved by actors and actresses, who can be groomed from head-to-toe, while watching TV or chatting on Skype. Impressively, 'The Ultimate Make-Over Room''s Kino Flo lighting can imitate everything from on-camera HD to outdoor lighting, ready for those pesky paps.

The Ultimate Make-Over Room, Corinthia Hotel London

Back to my hair! I had kindly been invited to try a 'Detox Miracle Solution' and blow dry, which were utter bliss. As a pregnant lady who's growing by the day, any pampering is welcomed, but sitting back and having someone bring out the glow in my lacklustre locks, with a head massage and canapés along the way, and I was one happy girl. The Detox Miracle Solution, safe for pregnant women and all hair types (apart from grey), contains pure Vitamin C, entering the hair via the cuticle to remove all traces of London pollution, before closing the cuticle to leave a transparent-like shine. It is also highly effective at revitalising coloured hair, perfect for me right now, as I have paused my colour during pregnancy. Of course, Daniel Galvin gained fame as the guru of the colouring world, so there are many colour services available should you wish, including a pre-blow dry 'Vegetable Colouring/Tint', designed to disguise rather than cover any grey hairs. 

Daniel Galvin Salon, Corinthia Hotel London

After my Detox Miracle Solution had washed away, I enjoyed a blow dry at the hands of senior stylist, Graham Hamps. His years of expertise and enthusiasm for hairdressing were palpable, and despite battling with my very thick hair, it was soon looking more luscious and healthy than it had in a long while. Graham and the team also take appointments for 'up-dos', so I am very tempted to return for the Christmas party season. For some reason, I haven't posted a picture of myself on the blog until now (although you'll now find one in the 'About Me' section), but I wanted to share a photo from my indulgent morning. Please forgive the fuzzy quality... but that may be no bad thing, until the rest of me is looking as beautiful as my hair!

After 'The Detox Miracle Solution' and Blow Dry. What do you think?

City Girl Diaries was a guest of Modus Publicity.


Images: With thanks to Modus and Daniel Galvin at Corinthia Hotel London, Whitehall Place, London, SW1A 2BD. Tel: 020 7321 3060. danielgalvin@corinthiahotellondon.com


2 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you there!: http://emmalouiselayla.blogspot.com/2011/11/daniel-galvin-at-corinthia-hotel.html

    ELL Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it's always lovely to hear from you. If you enjoyed this post, feel free to subscribe to the blog, or share with friends.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License