Wednesday, 19 October 2011

Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris - Review

Hi all, I promised I'd return with a review of Woody Allen's latest film, Midnight in Paris... which I loved, by the way! Coincidentally, the French film channel Cinémoi asked me to write about the film for them, so here's the link to my Midnight in Paris review on Cinémoi's Facebook page. I would love to hear your thoughts on the film. What did you think of Owen Wilson? Of Woody Allen's portrayal of the 'city of lights'? If you haven't seen it yet, you can find all London cinema showing times here.

Owen Wilson, Midnight in Paris

Image: Cinémoi

2 comments:

  1. I loved this film, especially the escapism of the period costumes. The 20s is my favourite era and I also loved the theme of where you are right now being the best time and place. Nostalgia can sometimes prevent us from appreciating what's going on now. Marion Cotillard was mesmerizing and Owen Wilson was cute the way he reacted to all the surprises he enountered. Another goody from Woody Allen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @For Those About To Shop Great comments, Laura! I loved the costumes too, any of Marion Cotillard's dresses would do very nicely! That's true about nostalgia, I think the film made some interesting points around that theme.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it's always lovely to hear from you. If you enjoyed this post, feel free to subscribe to the blog, or share with friends.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License