Friday, 7 October 2011

Weekend Diary: Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris




Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Today, Friday 7th October, Woody Allen's latest film arrives at London cinemas. Midnight in Paris is a film I have desperately awaited, since it opened Cannes Film Festival in May. Finally, it is here! A big fan of Woody Allen as a director, many of the highly talented cast members (including Owen Wilson, Rachel McAdams and Michael Sheen) and, of course, Paris itself, I am excited to see how the film unfolds. Without wanting to read every review, I have instead enjoyed watching the trailer numerous times (I told you before how I love movie trailers!). Plot aside, I am instantly intrigued by Owen Wilson's performance. As suggested here, Mr Wilson's acting skills are rightly commanding attention in a more heavyweight (if still comedic?) role, which I believe his fans have long suspected would happen. I will report back after watching the film, and look forward to your reactions! Visit your nearest cinema chain online, for showing times in London. 

In case you are interested in a little more background, here's a clip of Woody Allen and Owen Wilson, talking to Jonathan Ross during the Cannes Film Festival for Cinémoi (Cinémoi did a great job at the festival and I really rate the Cinémoi TV channel, dedicated to French film - Sky 343 and Virgin 445.)

*If you are reading this via email, you may need to visit City Girl Diaries to watch the videos. For a fuller view, please visit YouTube.

(

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I just saw this film and wrote a post about its fabulous costume design. Yes, Paris was a beautiful backdrop but the 20s style glamour was the real star of the show for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it's always lovely to hear from you. If you enjoyed this post, feel free to subscribe to the blog, or share with friends.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License