Wednesday, 5 October 2011

I will beat writer's block...

It is a truth universally acknowledged that every writer will suffer from writer's block. It's one of those bullet points on the job description and I've not come across any who will deny it. Rather, they'll rely upon trusted techniques like a brisk walk, some (dangerous) online shopping, or yet more tea and biscuits. Well today, I have writer's block, but instead of glaring at my blank screen for another few hours, I thought it best to come clean and tell you why. As certain as the curse of writer's block, is the fact that as a blogger, you should never neglect your own little chunk of cyberspace once you have worked hard to establish it, and you should never, ever, neglect your readers. Which is why I struggled to start typing this post. Although I have kept in touch with many of you outside of my blog, I am so sorry it's taken me such a long time to return. Why has it? Since I clicked 'Publish' on my last blog, an eventful personal life (more on that later), seemingly collided with an equally eventful professional life, where I went to work for British Vogue on an exciting project (again, more on that later). Luckily, both spheres are now co-existing peacefully and I am finally able to return to the blog. Thank you so much for all your support, as always. City Girl Diaries is back. For real, this time.

P.s. I promised you some Parisian market pics - here are a few from my sister's wedding weekend (which was wonderful!). If you are visiting, you'll find the city's major organic market on Boulevard Raspail, between Rue du Cherche-Midi and Rue de Rennes. It's also where you'll find my favourite Parisian hotel, Hotel Lutetia. A sunny morning stroll round these lively stalls would make the perfect start to any Sunday, followed by lunch at La Brasserie du Lutetia, which I wrote about previously.

You can't beat French bread
The most exquisite colours
The '5 a day' becomes more appealing...


2 comments:

Thank you so much for your comments, it's always lovely to hear from you. If you enjoyed this post, feel free to subscribe to the blog, or share with friends.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License