Friday, 10 June 2011

Cosmetic Surgery: Treatments in your Twenties?


It's around this time of year when I surrender to the truth that I'm getting older. It doesn't feel so long ago that the whole idea of one day being in my early twenties, mid-twenties - you get the idea - was laughably alien. Reassuringly, the future would bring wisdom, maturity and a wealth of exciting experiences. Yet, with birthdays, the 'future' would also fulfil its less desirable promise of ageing skin, tired eyes and potential, hateful grey hairs. It's not surprising, in a culture where youth is celebrated and old age feared (particularly amongst women), that we strive to fight the tell-tale signs for as long as possible. This, of course, is aided by multi-million pound industries, reinforcing our 'need' and providing us with 'essential' products, treatments and even surgeries. For a long time the source of controversy, cosmetic surgery is more pervasive than ever before. But, during your twenties, you're too young to think about such options. Right? On behalf of MSN Life & Style, I visited a leading London medispa, to find out the truth. My article is entitled: An afternoon of shopping and surgery? I would love to hear your thoughts.


4 comments:

  1. I don't buy into the whole cosmetic surgery craze. I believe it's harmful for women to put so much stock on looking young and that beauty is equated with youth. I think if each woman refused to kowtow to these so-called ideals (which are mostly photoshopped and airbrushed anyway) women would begin to be valued for their talents and character rather than being judged mainly on their appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great blog and I wondering if you want to follow each other

    My Lyfe ; My Story

    Enter My Lyfe ; My Story: PurseHangersUSA.com Giveaway

    My Lyfe ; My Story

    @MyLyfeMyStory on twitterYou have a great blog and I wondering if you want to follow each other

    My Lyfe ; My Story

    Enter My Lyfe ; My Story: PurseHangersUSA.com Giveaway

    My Lyfe ; My Story

    @MyLyfeMyStory on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  3. @For Those About To Shop Hi Laura! You are right that it can be harmful, and about the airbrushing. Fascinating topic x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Harija Thank you, Harija. I'll be sure to check out your blog x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it's always lovely to hear from you. If you enjoyed this post, feel free to subscribe to the blog, or share with friends.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License