Saturday, 5 March 2011

The Shoe Salon launch party at Harrods

I am so thankful to everybody for bearing with me, throughout my current crazy period. Not much longer to go, until I have plenty more time to share stories with you. Keep those eyes peeled for a relaunch of City Girl Diaries (EC1) too! In the meanwhile, here's a recap of one very special night out...


The Shoe Salon launch party, Harrods
The Shoe Salon launch party invite

After the preparation, exhilaration and non-stop schedules of a typical fashion week, it's wonderful to celebrate the finale by sharing a cocktail or two with friendly faces. On the last night of London Fashion Week, I was invited to Harrods for the launch party of their humongous and super-slick Shoe Salon. If you're looking for a way to occupy your lady for the day, this place is it. Girls - you will need no persuasion. Ultra-rich, spacious and immaculately-designed, the air of exclusivity hits you as you enter from the First Floor. Resembling those high-end, luxury stores found in top French hotels, you wouldn't be surprised if you were offered champagne on a regular visit (here's hoping..!). Either way, this new London destination will appeal to all shoe-loving ladies. Put simply, it's a super-size slice of shopping heaven. From Art Deco-inspired ceilings, to reflective surfaces and shoes contained within glass platforms (no pun intended), the Shoe Salon showcases female footwear as works of art. With designers that include Christian Louboutin, Giuseppe Zanotti, Charlotte Olympia, Alexander McQueen and Rupert Sanderson, who would dare question that sentiment? Unfortunately I wasn't wearing my 'Christmas Louboutins' (aching LFW soles), but I spied several stunning pairs in the crowds. Meanwhile, the display by another of my current favourites, Mr Sanderson, was attracting much deserved attention indeed.

Rupert Sanderson Lightning shoes, S/S 2011
Rupert Sanderson S/S 2011 (Lightning)

Rupert Sanderson Antwerp Fuschia shoes, S/S 2011
Rupert Sanderson S/S 2011 (Antwerp Fuschia)

On paper, the Shoe Salon is no doubt a competitor to Selfridges' Shoe Galleries, however, I suspect customers will visit both, depending on their mood, intended purchase and area of London in which they find themselves. Nonetheless, Harrods has taken luxury to such heights that only Harrods can, and sometimes - particularly when you're about to spend a few hundred pounds on shoes - you desire that devilishly indulgent setting. While most brands will remain 'treat' purchases for you or I, this is one gorgeously girlie place to dream (and prepare those Christmas/birthday lists!). Having said that, you will find affordably stylish options by the likes of Kurt Geiger or Carvela.

A scrumptious Harrods 'shoe' cupcake

The party didn't take long to warm up, particularly once Florrie (followed by The Voguettes) took to the stage with her contagiously feel-good, indie-meets-disco-pop sound. A few berry-infused cocktails, canapés and celebrities later, this wasn't just the wind-down that I was hoping for, but a lot of excitement too. Discovering the games with lovely fashion/beauty ladies (inc. Really Ree, London Beauty Queen and High Fashion Society), my night took an unexpected turn as I won £200 towards shoes of my choice! Amazing. You can actually see a photo of me trying my hand at one of the games, here (4th photo down). To round things off beautifully, I unwrapped my gift bag in the taxi home to discover sweet treats, leather goods, eau de parfum and a pedicure voucher. To Harrods and its Shoe Salon: What a night. I'll be back soon.


The Harrods Shoe Salon gift bag - a few items!

Harrods + Biscuiteers = a work of art

Finally, before I go, here's a video of Florrie, who performed at the party. The song? Left Too Late...




I'd love to hear from you, as always! And, let me know what you'd like to see more/less of, when it comes to City Girl (EC1)'s re-launch..! X


Images: my own, with thanks to Rupert Sanderson.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds absolutely divine. I'm planning a trip to the UK so will put this on my list of must-sees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Laura Connell You must do, Laura! It's definitely worth a trip :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I can't believe you went to this - that first pic (the invitation) is my laptop screensaver, I'm so in love with those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! that sounds dreamy! wish I was there ;(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it's always lovely to hear from you. If you enjoyed this post, feel free to subscribe to the blog, or share with friends.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License