Thursday, 2 December 2010

Style Library: Apartment C


Apartment C lingerie, mannequin
Apartment C: The Library
You may have read some of my Style Spy features, perhaps on Runway Route, or Beautiful Bottoms. After some thought, I have decided to change the name of these posts to Style Library (there seem to be quite a few 'Style Spies' around!) I have tagged previous Style Spy posts with the new name. And, any brand (fashion or otherwise), which I deem worthy, will gain a place in City Girl (EC1)'s Style Library. First up...

I recently enjoyed a (G&T-fuelled) visit to one of London's most seductive lingerie boutiques, Apartment C. Alongside some of the most fashion-forward, innovative lingerie brands, Apartment C is committed to stocking upcoming lingerie designers set for stardom. There's a label for everyone: Princesse Tam Tam, Stella McCartney, LasciviousMarlies Dekkers and Fleur of Englandamongst others. But, it's not only the beautiful bodies and suspenders that lure local ladies and those from far beyond. Apartment C is, in it's own words, a place to "hang out in your knickers, drink gin out of a teacup and read Last Tango in Paris out loud." Yes, this is one Marylebone boutique with a side of scandal! It's also Vogue's favourite.

Lacy lingerie, Apartment C, Marylebone

Apartment C, Hendricks Gin
I wrote about my visit and interview with owner Kenya Cretegny, for Amelia's Magazine - one of my beloved and best-looking online magazines, for fashion, art, music and more. Do check it out. For all you budding illustrators, it's a wonderful space to share your work and you could even end up in one of Amelia Gregory's prestigious books of illustration! I adore the Apartment C illustrations, featured alongside my article, here (by Joana FariaMatilde Sazio and Cat Palairet). 

Apartment C, Marylebone High Street

My article is entitled Apartment C: a fashion retailer that just happens to sell lingerieAll images: my own.

You can buy Apartment C lingerie online or in store, from 10am-6pm, Monday to Friday and 12pm to 5pm on Sunday (70 Marylebone High Street, London, W1U 5JL).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, it's always lovely to hear from you. If you enjoyed this post, feel free to subscribe to the blog, or share with friends.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License