Thursday, 16 September 2010

I've been at NYFW (in my dreams...)


Hi all! I am SO sorry for my blogging hiatus since last week. Terrible, I know. For many reasons, this week has been a hectic one (unfortunately not because I was running between shows in NYC) but time has nevertheless sped ahead, leaving my disoriented and tired self trailing behind. However, on the plus side, I do have lots to update you on (and I will try very hard not to do it again)! 

Before I start filling you in on my week (to include Vogue's Fashion Night Out and an interview with designer Kanchan Panjabi), let's take a trip down the memory lane of my imagined week.

The fashion spotlight has been on New York Fashion Week 2010, which ends today. No doubt airlines are crammed to their fullest tonight, as editors rush back for London Fashion Week (starting tomorrow). Back to the Big Apple and it's been a week of eclectic collections: colourful, glamorous, understated, nostalgic, dramatic, ruffled, pleated, high-necked, covered-up, cut-out and the usual mix of long-coveted labels with promising emerging designers, such as Honor by Giovanna Randall (sketch by Giovanna, above). 

And, here is my selection of the NYFW trends for 2011. Hope you enjoy it! I'd love to know what do you think.

Flaunt those Florals
 
                   (Betsey Johnson, Tracy Reese, Dennis Basso, 
                  Monique Lhuillier
)



Clever Cut-outs
                                    (Caroline Herrerra, Rodarte, 
Hervé Léger, 
Marchesa
)

Colour Burst!
(Zac Posen, 
Carlos Miele, 
Chris Benz, Reed Krakoff)


Sheer Delight

                  (Jason Wu, Thakoon, Anna Sui, Vera Wang)

What's wrong with white (+ a little embellishment)?
(Carlos Miele, Carmen Marc Valvo, Jason Wu for Tse, Tony Burch)


My wearable wardrobe must-haves
(Michael Kors, Nanette Lepore, Milly by Michelle Smith, Mackage)

Before I go... 
I wanted to let you know about 
a little added-extra to my blog. If you visit my main homepage (here), you'll now see a toolbar at the bottom of your screen. Click on the tiny icons and from there, you can access City Girl (EC1) on Facebook or Twitter, or go straight to your own accounts. You can also visit my recent posts (or a randomly selected one), or even translate my blog into a different language (perhaps you're heading to Japan's Fashion Week in October?) On the left-hand side of my blog homepage, you'll also find picture icons leading to previous posts. Feel free to browse! I'll be back soon. I promise.



Images) Thank you to New York Magazine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, it's always lovely to hear from you. If you enjoyed this post, feel free to subscribe to the blog, or share with friends.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License