Wednesday, 8 September 2010

Happy 25th Birthday ELLE!! (Coco Rocha + Breakfast at Tiffany's)




One of my favourite magazines, British ELLE, is 25 years old! To celebrate, their October issue (on sale 1 - 31 September) is being marketed as "The Best Ever ELLE". With collector's covers, stunning shoots, innovative layouts, high-quality interviews, special features and well, enough covetable fashion content to keep you going until the end of summer, I think that's a fair description. A formidable fashion leader, ELLE clearly has the fashion industry (and its fans) sitting up and taking notice. In case you haven't snapped up your copy yet, I won't reveal too much. However, I couldn't resist drawing your attention to David Vasiljevic’s shoot with Coco Rocha. Celebrating the "25 key pieces of all time", these photos are sensational, don't you think? Here's a preview:








Stylish, atmospheric, dramatic, sexy, sultry, intriguing, cinematic... this has to be one of my favourite fashion shoots of recent times. The fact that each image looks like a beautifully-staged-and-lit film still, reminds me of another reason to celebrate ELLE's 25th birthday. For all the readers who voted in ELLE's birthday poll (and for, really, every woman alive), the following film needs very little introduction. Yes, the "Most Stylish Movie of All Time" is, officially, Breakfast at Tiffany's. Based on the best-selling Truman Capote novel, Blake Edwards' film stars one of the most stylish and iconic actresses, Audrey Hepburn. In fact, it was this unmistakable 'star vehicle' where she (alongside Givenchy) was able to design her wardrobe and craft the stylish sunglasses-and-pearl-wearing persona that has endured. If you've wondered where the 'little black dress' came from, look no further. It's little surprise that a recent LoveFilm poll announced that Audrey's Givenchy 'LBD' is the greatest female screen outfit of all time. 



And, while we're talking birthdays, Breakfast at Tiffany's will be 50 years old in 2011. To celebrate, the BFI is re-releasing this splendidly stylish film, in association with ELLE. Screened on Monday 13th September at the BFI Southbank, you can buy your tickets here. You will even receive a copy of ELLE's October birthday issue with your ticket. Here's a sneak peek... enjoy the Oscar-winning 'Moon River' as you marvel at Audrey's outfits.


Images) Thank you to Fashion Gone Rogue for the Coco Rocha shoot and the BFI for the Breakfast at Tiffany's images.

11 comments:

  1. I could not rave enough about the Coco Rocha photo shoot. Wow, wow, wow!!! I get ELLE every month and I was so excited about the 25th birthday edition! All of it is amazing, but this photo shoot is my favourite!

    www.a--style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photoshoot is indeed beautiful and may (come October / November) prove pretty inspirational for post-pregnancy wardrobe. That polka dot blouse is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post , always following

    Maybe you'll be interested in the FENDI GIVEAWAY I'm having on my blog.
    http://www.thedollsfactory.com/2010/09/fendi-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! I don't subscribe to Elle but I did pick up the September issue (along with a bunch of other September issues) to give it a try. Maybe I'll grab the October issue, too, for celebratory purposes! And I love Coco, so there's that.

    Tiffany's isn't my absolute fave Audrey film, but I do love the iconic look in that LBD! So fun that it's going to be screened!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm actually going to that special screening on Breakfast at Tiffany's on Monday! :)
    Will you be going as well?

    xx Iris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I`ve seen this movie so many times.xx

    http://provocativecouture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elle hit it out the ball park with that Coco shoot...

    Years ago I used to think of Elle as Vogue's less glamourous younger sister but over the last few years, I now think of it as Vogue's cooler sister!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love Audrey! When I am home alone and want to watch something to lighten my week or inspire me, I watch Breakfast at Tiffany's

    thanks for following me xxx your friend from http://whatwouldkarldo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. so exciting to read all that news about elle uk's anniversary! i did not know it's been around almost as long as i have been alive! i have never seen the film that coco rocha's photo spread is based on, and now i need to!!

    thank you for visiting me via IFB! let's follow eachother!
    xo
    sami
    www.aglimpseofglamour.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great editorial! So much character!

    http://bohemenoir.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it's always lovely to hear from you. If you enjoyed this post, feel free to subscribe to the blog, or share with friends.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License