Thursday, 29 July 2010

My Night with Maud: Competition!

Following my ongoing, indulgent celebration of all things French, from fashion to cinema to food, I thought you might like to join in? With the cinema part. The BFI (British Film Institute) is kindly offering City Girl's readers 5 pairs of tickets to be won, for the wonderfully French film My Night With Maud. Entry details are below. One of my regular Southbank hangouts that I'm extremely fond of, I'm sure you will enjoy your BFI visit. Following the screening, mingle with fellow film enthusiasts at The benugo bar and kitchen, a few steps from the viewing theatre.


Jean-Louis Trintignant and Françoise Fabian, My Night With Maud

Jean-Louis Trintignant & Françoise Fabian

Eric Rohmer’s enduring masterpiece, My Night with Maud, combines the metaphysical and the physical to witty, erotic and psychologically astute effect. Arguably the late director's best film, it’s a funny, sexy and suspenseful drama about the necessity and the difficulty of making a choice. Rohmer’s brilliant script is the basis for a profoundly insightful study of desire, doubt and self-delusion, beautifully served both by superb performances and by Nestor Almendros’s eloquent black and white camerawork. 

To enter this competition (trust me, you won't regret it), simply email your contact details to: filmcompetitions@bfi.org.uk by August 10th, 2010. The BFI will contact winners directly. I would love to hear from the winners (or fans of the film); please share your thoughts!

My Night with Maud opened on 23 July at BFI Southbank and in cinemas nationwide. For venues, please check www.bfi.org.uk/releases
Image: My Night with Maud, courtesy of the BFI

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments, it's always lovely to hear from you. If you enjoyed this post, feel free to subscribe to the blog, or share with friends.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License